Wednesday 30 May 2018

A day in the life and how of a child in an informal settlement

Hi I’am siabongo, yesterday I woke up to my mom going to catch a taxi.My house is not that big I share a room with my brothers.The shack is made out of iron sheets. She did not say goodbye because it was three in the morning. I am the oldest of the kids. I am 13 years old. I made porridge for my three brothers. We had to go to school. So I walked with them. There was such hectic winds. It was just about storming. Once we got to school we had a test on English. I could not study because we have no electricity so no light. I got chased out because I did not have enough or the right stationary. It would make my life so much better if we had electricity and a bigger shack, and better schools.

No comments:

Post a Comment